"Our charitable gift annuity to Cazenovia College provided us with an immediate income tax deduction, and each year provides us with a guaranteed, annual source of income.
We also have the personal satisfaction of leaving a lasting gift that will help provide educational opportunities for future generations of Cazenovia College students."
~ Polly and Jack Koerner
Planned giving through Cazenovia College's Heritage Society allows you to make a contribution that will perpetuate your support of the College beyond your lifetime.
The IRA Charitable Rollover is back for 2012 and 2013!
The charitable IRA rollover legislation allows you to transfer lifetime gifts up to $100,000 using funds from your individual retirement account (IRA) without undesirable tax effects.
You may contribute funds this way if you:
- are 70 and a half years old or older at the time of the gift;
- made a gift of any amount up to $100,000 in 2012;
- make a gift by February 1, 2013, which may count retroactively for 2012;
- make a gift of any amount up to $100,000 on or before December 31, 2013, to qualify for 2013;
- transfer funds directly from an IRA; or
- transfer the gifts outright to one or more qualified charities.
Read more on our website about the IRA Charitable Rollover and other ways to support Cazenovia College.