New Students Move In
Move in Day 2014
August 22 was a very special day on campus as our new students and their families overcame the rain to start their Cazenovia College experiences. The orientation leaders, advisors and even the College mascot, ZAC, did a great job of helping move everyone in. Our first year students were treated to a celebratory "welcome" event in the afternoon and the traditional First Night Ceremony was held later in the evening.
Join Us for Homecoming/Family Weekend
Cazenovia College invites parents and families to join us on September 19-21 for a special weekend on campus. This year's event includes special parent activities, including a Parent Mixer on Friday from 5-7 p.m., at the Lincklaen House; a Parents Council Meeting on Saturday from 1-2 p.m.; and a Homecoming/Family Weekend Dinner Celebration on Saturday night from 6-8 p.m., at the Lincklaen House. We hope you can join us and visit with your student for all or part of the jam-packed weekend!
For a complete schedule and to register, visit: www.cazenovia.edu/homecomingfamilyweekend
Two Caz Students Win National Alpha Lambda Delta Scholarships
Congratulations to Kelsey Ruth, who was awarded the James G. Stemler Study Abroad Scholarship for $1,000, and to Tangie Muncil, who received the Jo Anne J. Trow National Scholarship of $1,000 - both for the 2014-15 academic year. Founded in 1924, Alpha Lambda Delta is a national honor society that recognizes and encourages academic excellence among first year students. For more information, contact John M. Livermore, associate professor of Mathematics and ALD Faculty Advisor at 315-655-7232.
Academic Celebration Will No Longer be held in December
In recent years, the December Academic Celebration or December Tea recognized students who complete their degree requirements at the end of the fall semester. It is important to note that the December Academic Celebration has never been a graduation ceremony. Beginning last year, with the addition of the January course offerings, it is now possible for students to complete their requirements in June, August, December, January or May. Thus, in the interest of being equitable to all our graduates, there will no longer be an Academic Celebration in December.
Rather, the College has returned to its long tradition of one graduation ceremony, each May, at which we recognize all students who have completed course work in June, August, December, January and May. All students who have earned their degrees are eligible and encouraged to participate in the College's annual rite of passage: Commencement.
Thank you for understanding the College's desire to equitably honor and congratulate all of our graduates at the annual Commencement ceremony each May.
Student Transportation Reminder
Cazenovia College provides transportation to the Syracuse Hancock International Airport and the bus/train terminals as follows:
If your student has any questions regarding transportation they should stop by the Campus Service Office or call 315-655-7227.
- Every Friday vans leave campus from the Park Parking Lot at 2:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Every Sunday, pick-ups are made from the airport, bus and train terminals at 5p.m. and 9 p.m.
- When the College has a break, transportation is provided as follows: Vans leave campus for the airport, bus and train terminals the last day of classes at: Noon, 1p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m., 4 p.m., and 5 p.m. Pick-ups are made the day before classes resume at: 2 p.m., 4 p.m., 6 p.m., 8 p.m., and 10 p.m.
- End of semester transportation services will be provided as needed with advance notice.
- The College also provides transportation to the Target Plaza every Wednesday at 6 p.m., and Destiny USA Mall on Sunday at noon.- as long as a driver and/or a vehicle is available
- All of the above transportation options will be made only if students sign up in advance. Sign-up sheets are posted outside the Dining Hall at least 2 days before each trip. Transportation will not be available if there are no students signed up.
- Transportation is available to Cazenovia College Students only, and only at the times listed above. It is impossible for the College to provide individual taxi service.
- Beginning this fall: For any transportation to the bus/train/airport that does not coincide with the times listed above, there will be a $25.00 fee per trip per person. Requests however are not automatically guaranteed. It will depend on whether or not we have a driver and/or a vehicle available. The payment must be received before transportation is provided, and can be paid at the Campus Services Department by cash or check. If a student is off campus, payment must be made to the driver by cash or check before transportation is provided. If no payment is received at the time of pickup then transportation will not be provided.