Charles B. and Elsbeth W. Morgan
Both former trustees of the College, Charles and Elsbeth Morgan are key supporters of many projects and events on campus, as well as friends to many students and alumni through their generous support of scholarships and internships.
Charles, one of six trustees to ever be designated a trustee emeritus, served on the Cazenovia College Board of Trustees from 1986 to 1996, acting as chair of the board from 1991 – 1993. He received the President’s Medallion in 1996. Elsbeth served as a College trustee from 1996 to 2005.
In addition to their service on the Cazenovia College Board of Trustees, the Morgans have been generous benefactors of the College, including gifts for the Cazenovia College Library Fund Drive, the Morgan Student Center (now the Morgan Room), the Art & Design Building Project (now Reisman Hall) and the Cazenovia College Equine Education Center. They endowed the Elsbeth W. and Charles B. Morgan Scholarship in Interior Design, and are members of The 1824 Society and the College’s Athletics Booster Club. In the many years of their association with the College, they have provided support for the 175th Anniversary Gala, the Alumni Golf Tournament, alumni Reunions and, most recently, were instrumental in helping Cazenovia College unveil its new online virtual tour and interactive campus map.
The Morgans are very active in the wider community as well, evidenced by Charles’ service on numerous boards including as a trustee emeritus on the ESF College Foundation and former board member of the Syracuse Symphony, Paul Smith’s College, Syracuse Stage, Crouse-Irving Memorial Foundation, and WCNY.
Charles and Elsbeth live in Cazenovia, where they are frequently visited by their four children and nine grandchildren.