Shane O’Dell '02
Caz alumnus, recognized business leader, financial planner and wealth management advisor to address our graduates
Members of the Cazenovia College community are pleased to announce that Shane O’Dell '02 – a proud, involved and successful alumnus – will serve as the College’s 190th Commencement speaker.
A sampling of his professional accomplishments and civic activities is provided below.
- Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor and Senior Portfolio Advisor - The McGovern Group at Merrill Lynch
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) - a designation awarded by the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards, Inc.
- CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLANNING COUNSELORSM
- Recipient of the Emerald Coast Emerging Leader (ECEL) of the Year Award in Northwest Florida in 2007
- President, Dianne L. O’Dell Scholarship Foundation
- Chairman for the Advisory Board of Governors at Regatta Bay Golf and Country Club
- President, Fort Walton Beach Young Professionals
- Emerald Coast Emerging Leader - Board of Directors
- Fort Walton Beach YMCA - Board of Directors
- Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
- Walton County Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
- Bachelor of Professional Studies (Business Management) - Cazenovia College, 2002
- CFP® Course Work - Boston University Institute of Finance
- CRPC® Course Work - College for Financial Planning
O'Dell was featured in the summer 2014 issue of the Cazenovia College magazine, where his alumni profile was featured on the cover. He was also inducted into the Wildcats Hall of Fame in 2013, along with his teammates from the 2001-02 men’s basketball team.
O'Dell remains connected and committed to his alma mater and looks forward to sharing words of wisdom and inspiration with the graduates – members of the Class of 2015 – on Saturday, May 16, 2015.