Margot Cheney Jacoby ’70
Dedicated Caz alumna, published author, former faculty member and College employee to address our graduates
Members of the Cazenovia College community are pleased to announce that Margot Cheney Jacoby ’70, a proud, involved and successful alumna, will serve as the College’s 189th Commencement speaker.
A sampling of her accomplishments – in the field of education, on our campus, and in the greater community – is provided below.
- Current College Instructor, English and Communications, Jefferson Community College
- Former Assistant Professor, Cazenovia College – taught Effective Speaking, Academic Writing, Literature, Creative Writing and more
- Former Tutor and Writing Coordinator in Cazenovia College’s Academic Learning Center
- Accomplished and published poet
- Two-time book author:
* The Speech – one of several Cazenovia College faculty members who co-authored a textbook on public speaking that was used in classrooms nationwide.
* Love Lives – A touching tribute to her eldest daughter, Martha Papworth O’Neill '00, documenting Martha’s celebration of life and her battle with cancer.
- Started the Martha Papworth O’Neill Class of 2000 Memorial Scholarship at Cazenovia College, awarded to a student who exemplifies her daughter’s generous and loving spirit, passion for learning and sense of social justice.
- Current Vice President of the Cazenovia College Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Current Chair of the Parents Committee, Capital Campaign for Cazenovia College
* Associate of Arts degree, Liberal Arts, Cazenovia College
* Undergraduate Workshop, University of Iowa
* Bachelor of Arts degree, English/Communications, Le Moyne College
* Professional Collegiate Certificate in English, Writing, Speech, Public Speaking and
Journalism, Roanoke College, Virginia
* Master of Arts degree, Liberal Studies, Hollins University, Virginia
- Member, Northern New York Chapter, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life
- Fundraiser, Martha Papworth O’Neill Cancer Research Endowment at the Foundation for
Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
Her colleagues continue to hold Margot with the greatest of fondness and respect. Her fellow alumni revel in all that she does for her alma mater. And our graduates are sure to be moved by her words of wisdom and inspiration.