Poster, a compilation of students pencil drawings, celebrates Halloween
Cazenovia, N.Y. – (October 24, 2013) Work by students from Cazenovia College’s Visual Communications program is currently featured in the display case at the McDonald’s Restaurant in Cazenovia, N.Y. In particular, a seasonal poster was created as a collaborative project in the College's Illustration class. This is the first of a series of seasonal posters the class plans to create and display.
"The poster is a compilation of students' pencil drawings based around the Halloween celebration theme," said class instructor Jim Owens. "An aside to the project is the blending of traditional drawings with a digital design and production environment.”
The Illustration class is one of several offered as part of the Visual Communications curriculum, according to acting program director Scott Jensen. “This class is meant to introduce students to a variety of techniques, both traditional and digital. They can build on those techniques and explore more advanced methods in later courses.”
What did some of the contributing student artists have to say about their recent work?
- Christina Clemente, of Solvay, N.Y., expressed that “ This course allows for such a wide range of artistic techniques; all of which are visually successful in their own way, which I think the poster really emulates.”
- Courtney Geers, of Oswego, N.Y., shared that she "enjoyed learning the new techniques required for this project.”
- Nicole Foster, of Delmar, N.Y., added, "Although I'm a Web Designer and rarely physically draw, I really enjoyed this project. I used new shading techniques and tried a style I have never used before. I believe my suited monster looks great!"
- Crystal Pertell, of Northville, N.Y., stated, “Art, no matter the type, is a creative journey – a pathway into the minds of any being. It's more than just a drawing or something created on a computer, it's expression. I enjoy being able to put my feelings and ideas into action and create something more than myself.”
- Rasheeda Pilgrim, of Brooklyn, N.Y., said, " I really enjoy this class. It's one of my favorites this semester.”
Cazenovia College, founded in 1824, is an independent, co-educational, baccalaureate college located near Syracuse, N.Y., offering baccalaureate programs in the liberal arts and professional studies. Embracing student success as its primary mission, the College comprises a diverse yet close-knit residential community that fosters intellectual, social, and ethical growth. Our experiential and co-curricular learning opportunities and dedicated team of faculty and staff provide for an individualized educational experience that balances academic and student life. Cazenovia, named one of "America’s Best Colleges" by U.S. News & World Report, is also a national College of Distinction. For more information, visit www.cazenovia.edu<http://www.cazenovia.edu>.
# # #