Cazenovia seeks students whose previous academic record, standardized test results and recommendations indicate the ability to succeed and satisfactorily complete college level work. Consideration is given to personal qualities known to predict success in college such as: maturity, motivation, initiative, imagination, ambition and work ethic. Individuals with these qualifications contribute to the overall quality and diversity of student life and create a stimulating environment that is beneficial to all. A student may apply to Cazenovia College after completion of 6 semesters of work in an accredited secondary school.
In order to be admitted to Cazenovia College, an applicant must graduate from high school or provide evidence of passing the GED exam.
A freshman entering Cazenovia College may receive college credit for, or be excused from, a designated course on the basis of the Advanced Placement Examinations of the College Entrance Examination Board, the College Level Examinations Program, or the New York College Proficiency Examination Program. Contact the Vice President for Academic Affairs for additional information. The decision to grant credit or permit waiver of the course is made by the Vice President for Academic Affairs. Arrangements for advanced placement should be made before the start of classes in the fall.
First Time Students
- Complete the application form and attach a non-refundable $30 application fee payable to Cazenovia College along with your personal statement.
- Take the completed application to your high school guidance counselor. Request that an official transcript be attached, and that the application, transcript and fee be sent to Cazenovia College.
- Arrange for a recommendation from your guidance counselor or one of your teachers to be forwarded to the Admissions Office.
- Submitting SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or the ACT (American College Test) scores is optional. To be considered for academic scholarship scores are required.
- Students who have additional information which they regard as relevant and which they would like to present to the Admissions Committee, may do so by directing a letter to the Admissions Committee.
- An applicant who is accepted for admission should finalize enrollment by submitting to the Admissions Office the Registration/Housing Agreement (enclosed with the letter of acceptance), together with the reservation deposit. This applies to commuting as well as boarding students. Students accepted after May 1 should finalize their enrollment within 30 days of notification of acceptance.
Cazenovia College welcomes applications from students who wish to transfer from another college. In order for a student who has attended another college to be considered for admission, the applicant must:
- Complete and mail the application form and attach a non-refundable $30 application fee payable to Cazenovia College.
- Submit official transcripts of all college level courses from all colleges attended to the Admissions Office. Courses completed of a similar type and level with a grade of "C" or better at a regionally accredited institution normally will be considered for credit. Usually, only a student who is eligible to return to his or her previous college will be considered.
- Submit an official, final copy of the high school transcript including the graduation date (or GED scores).
Transfer students who are entering one of the bachelor degree programs should request the appropriate articulation agreement. Cazenovia College has articulation agreements with several institutions leading to baccalaureate degrees (as of July 1997).