- Visiting Instructor, English
- EN 101 Academic Writing
- EN 201 Academic Writing II
Humanities & Natural Sciences
Contact Information Available
41 Lincklaen Street
David Eye taught freshman composition and served as a graduate teaching consultant while earning a Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing from Syracuse University (2005-08). He has since served as Adjunct Professor in the Institute for Writing Studies at St. John’s University (2009-10) and Visiting Assistant Professor of Creative Writing at Manhattan College (2010-13). David’s chapbook, Rain Leaping Up When a Cab Goes Past, was released in 2013 from Seven Kitchens Press. His poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Bloom, Cider Press Review, The Louisville Review, Lambda Literary, Puerto del Sol, Stone Canoe, Consequence Magazine (finalist, 2010 Consequence Prize for Poetry), among other journals and anthologies. Prior to his graduate studies, David worked for many years as an actor/singer in New York City.
- Syracuse University, MFA Creative Writing, 2008
- Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre, 1986
- The College of William and Mary in Virginia, BA Psychology, 1982
- Finalist, Book Award, Cider Press Review, 2014
- Finalist, Saltonstall Summer Residency, 2013
- Runner-up, Robin Becker Chapbook Prize, Seven Kitchens Press, 2011
- Finalist, Consequence Prize in Poetry (for “Unspoken at JFK”), Consequence Magazine, 2009
- Finalist, Robin Becker Chapbook Prize, Seven Kitchens Press, 2009
- Finalist, Axton Fellowship, University of Louisville, 2008
- Outstanding TA Award, The Graduate School, Syracuse University, Spring 2007
- Teaching Fellowship, The Graduate School, Syracuse University, 2007-2008
- Larry Levis Memorial Graduate Student Intern, BOA Editions, Ltd., 2007-2008.
- Teaching Assistantship, Creative Writing Program, Department of English, Syracuse University, 2005-2008.
- Seven Kitchens Press. Rain Leaping Up When a Cab Goes Past. Chapbook. 2013.
- Cider Press Review. As New York Snow. January 2014.
- Puerto del Sol. MTA I: 3rd Ave Bus. Spring 2014.
- Cider Press Review. Say you’re walking on a beach. July 2013.
- Lambda Literary. Leavings. Dance Bar. Spring 2013.
- Bloom. Video Booth Sonnet (as Sonnet). Fall 2012.
- Runaway Parade. This is a tree. March 2012.
- The Louisville Review. The Stream Empties into a Field. Targets. Crossing. Fall 2011.
- Chelsea Station. Ineluctable. What the Band Doesn’t Know. November 2011.
- Motif 3: All the Livelong Day, an Anthology of Writings about Work. MotesBooks Inc. Ecstasy. October 2011.
- Stone Canoe. Military Secret. Spring 2011.
- Fearless Poetry Series, Vol. 2. Fearless Books. A Blonde Woman. Spring 2011.
- Consequence Magazine. Unspoken at JFK. Spring 2010.
- Rondeau Roundup. A Distant Line of Hills. November 2009.
- Waccamaw. Not That You Asked. Spring 2009.
- Stone Canoe. All I Have (as In medias res). Spring 2008.
- Critical Encounters with Texts, 3rd-6th eds. Negative, 1996. 2007-10.
- Stone Canoe. Morning, Delft Haven (as Matins). Last Day, Lands End (as Evensong). Spring 2007.
- roger. MTA III: Woman with OCD. Spring 2006.
- BOOK REVIEWS
- Lambda Literary. Straight Razor, Randall Mann. January 2014.
- Coldfront. Begging for It, Alex Dimitrov. July 2013.
- Lambda Literary. Collective Brightness: LGBTIQ Poets on Faith, Religion & Spirituality, Kevin Simmonds, ed. March 2012.