- Assistant Professor, Inclusive Education
- IECE/IEE Program Director
- Education Club Advisor
- Women's Empowerment Group Advisor
- ED 111 Child Development and Observation
- ED 325 Multicultural Literacy
- ED 371 Assessment and Intervention in Education
- ED 388 Student Teaching Primary Level
- ED 484 Student Teaching Pre-K and K
- ED 488 Student Teaching Intermediate Level
- SB/HG 101K-01 FYS: I Am Woman, Hear Me Roar
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Contact Information Available
Eddy Hall 308
Dr. Miller started teaching at Cazenovia College in 2011. Before coming to Cazenovia College, she held various teaching and school leadership positions in North Carolina and New York. She has experience serving as a special education teacher, an early childhood teacher, an assistant principal, and a principal. Dr. Miller's research primarily focuses on inclusive education, resiliency theory, multicultural literacy, female intellectual downplaying, and nontraditional family structures. Dr. Miller currently serves as the Inclusive Early Childhood Education (IECE) and Inclusive Elementary Education (IEE) Program Director as well as the advisor for both the Cazenovia College Education Club and the Women's Empowerment Group.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, UNC- Chapel Hill
- MSA, School Administration, UNC- Chapel Hill
- MA, Education (Special Education), California State University, Sacramento
- BA, Arts in Education, William Smith College
- Sigma Alpha Pi Excellence in Teaching Award
- North Carolina High Growth School Recognition
- NCASA Trailblazer Award- School Division
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Livermore,J.,Wieczorek, K. & Miller, E. (2014, Spring/Summer). Three teachers meeting the challenges of the APPR. Excelsior: Leadership in Teaching and Learning, 8(2), 29-50.
- Miller, E., Wieczorek, K. & Livermore, J. M. (2013). Partnerships at risk? Using field placement research to continue effective college/university-school partnerships. Excelsior:Leadership in Teaching and Learning, 7(2), 48-62.
- Vernold*, E. L. (2008). Special education teacher resiliency: What keeps teachers in the field? (ISBN-13 NO.978-1248982648).
- * Maiden Name
- Miller, E. (2014, February). Another Brick in the Wall: Pink Floyd, Race to the Top, and the "Standardization" of Public Education. Panel presentation at the New York State Foundations of Education Association Annual Meeting, Colgate University, Hamilton, NY.
- Miller, E. (2014, January). Changing Families: Multicultural Principles and Culturally Responsive Practices to Meet Diverse Language and Literacy Needs. Workshop presented at Tioga Opportunities, Owego, NY.
- Miller, E. (2013, April). Changing Policies and Procedures to Meet the Changing Needs of Today’s Families. Paper presented at NYSAEYC Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Miller, E. (2013, March/April). Horace Mann: The Forefather of Our American Schools. Lecturer for Cazenovia College’s Great Minds/Great Ideas Lecture Series, Manlius/Cazenovia, NY.
- Johnson, R., Livermore, J. M., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2012). Designing an adolescent teacher education program from scratch: A space for sharing what works. (NYSATE/NYACTE) Annual Fall Conference. Albany, NY.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E. & Wieczorek, K. (2012, October). Partnerships at Risk? Using Field Placement Research to Continue Effective College/University-School Partnerships. Paper presented at NYSATE/ NYACTE Annual Conference, Albany, NY.
- Livermore, J., Miller, E., & Wieczorek, K. (2011, October). 9/13 + 3/5 = 12/18?! Forging Connections to Change the Story of Teacher Candidates' Quantitative Literacy. Round table presentation presented at NYSATE/NYACTE Annual Conference, Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Student Research Sponsorship: Mettlen, A. (2013, April). The Impact of Teacher Professional Development in Early Childhood Learning. Student poster presentation at NYSAEYC Annual Conference, Verona, NY.
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), ASCD-New York
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- CEC- Teacher Education Division (TED), NYCEC
- National Association for Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Syracuse-AEYC, New York-AEYC
- New York State Association of Teacher Educators (NYSATE)
- New York State Foundations of Education Association (NYSFEA)
- North American Reggio Emilia Alliance
- Phi Delta Kappa
- NY School District Leader Professional Certification
- NY School Building Leader Professional Certification
- NY Permanent Special Education Teaching Certification (K-12)
- NY Provisional Elementary Education Teaching Certification (Pre-K- 6)
- NC Superintendent License (K-12)
- NC Principal License (K-12)
- NC Cross Categorical Special Education Professional Teaching License (K-12)
- NC Elementary Education Professional Teaching License (K-6)
- NC Early Childhood Lead Teacher Status