- Associate Professor, English
Humanities & Natural Sciences
Contact Information Available
Academic Learning Center, 2nd Floor
Professor Ferguson has taught at Cazenovia College since 1982 and serves as the Director of the Developmental Writing and Reading Program, known as the Language Arts Program. She has also co-directed the College’s Writing Program and has taught many of the English courses offered in the curriculum including, Academic Writing I & II, Advanced Expository Writing, Effective Speaking, Communications Forms and Techniques, Introduction to Literature, Children’s Literature, and Freshman Seminar. Professor Ferguson is active in Developmental Education and College English and Writing organizations.
- M.S. Reading Specialist/Consultant, SUNY-Potsdam
- B.A. Speech and Reading, SUNY-Potsdam
- Cazenovia College Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award May 2001
- New York College Learning Skills Outstanding Service to Students Award March 2000
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society, Department of Education Outstanding Graduate Student May 1982
- Excellence in Student Teaching Award, May 1981.
- Professor Ferguson has made over fifty presentations at national, state, and regional conferences and symposiums in the fields of Developmental Education, Learning Assistance, English and Composition/Writing.
- She has published invited articles in two Developmental Education journals and submits reviews of research articles frequently in a Developmental Education newsletter.
- Her most recent publication is the redraft of the training manual for National Certification for Developmental Education Programs.
- Professor Ferguson has been very active in several professional organizations including the National Association of Developmental Education, NADE, where she currently serves on the Certification Council as Training Coordinator and has served two terms as English Special Interest Group Chair.
- For twenty years, she has participated actively in the New York College Learning Skills Association, NYCLSA, where she has served several terms each as Research Committee Chair and Proposal Review Committee Chair.
- As a member of the National Council of Teachers of English and the Council on College Composition and Communication, she has served as a local liaison for several years, and has made conferenc