- Associate Professor, Environmental Biology and Biology Programs
- Program Director, Biology
- Program Director, Environmental Biology
- SM 101/398 Life In and On the Lake (intro. aquatic ecology)
- SM 117 Diversity of Life
- SM 140 Environmental Science
- SM 225/325 Plant Biology
- SM 243/343 Biotopics: Env. Issues & Policy
- SM 243/343 Biotopics: Forest Ecology
- SM 243/343 Biotopics: Invasive Species
- SM 302 Wetland Ecology
- SM 314 Field Botany
- SM 342 Principles of Ecology
- SM 372/472 Junior/Senior Research
- SM 385 Internship
- SM 499 Capstone Seminar
- In the past...
- SM 112 Cellular and Organismal Biology
- SM 396 Scientific Inquiry
Humanities & Natural Sciences
Contact Information Available
Eckel Hall 212
Links Added for Full Biography, Curriculum Vitae or Personal Website
- B.S. in Forest Science, Pennsylvania State Univ.
- M.S. in Applied Ecology & Conservation Biology, Frostburg State Univ.
- Ph.D. in Environmental and Forest Biology, SUNY-College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- PEER-REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- Hnatkovich, A.M., and T.E. Yorks. 2009. Current status and future development of the only Chamaecyparis thyoides (Atlantic white-cedar) population in Pennsylvania. Natural Areas Journal 29:216-223.
- Yorks, T.E., and K.B. Adams. 2005. Ice storm impact and recovery of Pinus banksiana-P. rigida barrens in northeastern New York. Forestry Chronicle 81:502-515.
- Forrester, J.A., D.J. Leopold, and T.E. Yorks. 2005. Vegetation, coarse woody debris and disturbance history of mature and old-growth stands in a coniferous forested wetland. Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 132:252-261.
- Yorks, T.E., D.J. Leopold, and D.J. Raynal. 2003. Effects of Tsuga canadensis mortality on soil water chemistry and understory vegetation: possible consequences of an invasive insect herbivore. Canadian Journal of Forest Research 33:1525-1537.
- Yorks, T.E., and K.B. Adams. 2003. Restoration cutting as a management tool for regenerating Pinus banksiana after ice storm damage. Forest Ecology and Management 177:85-94.
- Yorks, T.E., and P.J. McHale. 2000. Effects of cold storage on anion, ammonium, and total nitrogen concentrations in soil water. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis 31:141-148.
- Yorks, T.E., S. Dabydeen, and P.J. Smallidge. 2000. Understory vegetation-environment relationships in clearcut and mature secondary forests of western Maryland. Northeastern Naturalist 7:205-220.
- Yorks, T.E., D.J. Leopold, and D.J. Raynal. 2000. Vascular plant propagule banks of six eastern hemlock stands in the Catskill Mountains of New York. Journal of the Torrey Botanical Society 127:87-93.
- Yorks, T.E., and S. Dabydeen. 1999. Seasonal and successional understory vascular plant diversity in second-growth hardwood clearcuts of western Maryland, USA. Forest Ecology and Management 119:217-230.
- Dabydeen, S., and T.E. Yorks. 1996. Additions to the flora of Cranberry Swamp, Finzel, Maryland. Maryland Naturalist 40:1-2.
- 2009-pres. Associate Professor, Biology and Environmental Biology Programs, Cazenovia College, Cazenovia, NY
- 2004-2009 Assistant Professor, Environmental Studies Program, Cazenovia College, Cazenovia, NY
- 2002-2004 Assistant Professor, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences, California University of Pennsylvania, California, PA
- 1995-2001 Research Assistant/Project Assistant, SUNY-ESF, Syracuse, NY
- Ecological Society of America
- Society of Wetland Scientists