- Assistant Professor, Communication Studies
- Effective Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Communication Concepts & Theory
- Research Methods
- Organizational Communication
- Small Group Communication
- Nonverbal Communication
- Introduction to Communication
Humanities & Natural Sciences
Contact Information Available
13 Nickerson Street
- BA, Political Science, Ohio Northern University
- MS, Communications, Ithaca College
- MA Ohio University, Communication Studies
- PhD, Rhetoric and Public Culture, Ohio University
- Ledbetter, A. L., Stassen, H. M., & Dowd, M. (Accepted, to be printed in 2013).
- Comparing equity and self-expansion theory approaches to relational maintenance. Personal Relationships. Ledbetter, A. M., Stassen, H. M., Kotey, E., & Muhammad, H. (2010).
- Relational maintenance as including the other in the self. Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, 11, 21-28. Stassen, H. M., & Bates, B. R. (2010).
- Constructing : Exploring marriage as an ideograph. Qualitative Research Reports in Communication, 11, 1-5 . Stassen, H. M. (2009).
- Gold in the trash: Junk mail and new-media ecology. Explorations in Media Ecology, 8(3), 195-207. Schrader, V. L., Calka, M., Stass
- Stassen, H. M., & Benvenuti, E. (Student Coauthor). (2012).
- Narrating the old hag: Sleep paralysis and theory of motivated information management. Paper presented to Health Communication Division at the Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference, Cambridge, MA. Stassen, H. M. (2012).
- Challenging identity: Discussing doctor-patient communication in the introductory course. Paper presented to the Health Communication Division at the Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference, Cambridge, MA. Stassen, H. M. (2011).
- Millenials in the workplace. Paper presented to the New York State Communication Conference, Ellenville, NY.